Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

What the hell is on my arm?!

My name is Heather, and I used to be addicted to pasta.

A little over two years ago, I developed a completely random (or so I thought), persistent rash that popped up on my forearm. I tried every medication and ointment I could find, wrapped my arm in gauze and even stopped using my favorite purse because I thought that the metal clasp might have been irritating my skin.

A year into the confusion, rash still going strong, I went to visit my parents. My father had started another one of his "crazy" diets; it consisted of no grains, no processed sugar and was high in protein and saturated fat. Feeling up for a challenge and tired of my routine, I joined him.

After just three days, my rash started to disappear. I wasn't entirely sure that the two events were related at first, then after a slice of pizza, the rash came back. And so it went that every time I ingested gluten, the rash would reappear, only to disappear when I would return to my grain-free diet.

Finally, my father gave me his copy of The Primal Blueprint. Nothing has been the same since.

For those who have discovered this "diet" as well, this blog is filled with my recipes from the journey. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment